Sunday, September 22, 2002

Sai Baba Sued Over Copyright Infringement

Puttaparthi, South India
September 6, 2002

Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba has been notified of allegations against him relating to copyright infringement over the works of other deceased spiritual gurus.

The suit maintains that Sai Baba deliberately and willfully stole phrases from the lectures and speeches of Swami Vivekananda, Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Mahatma Gandhi, and other discarnate leaders who are currently being represented by Mrs. Betty Blossom, a local medium.

Sai Baba's followers are outraged at the allegations and plan to file a countersuit in a few days. Sai Baba himself is nonplussed, however. He told reporters this afternoon, "I know I will be victorious in the end and my case will be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. After all, even though I was only a bonny babe at the height of their fame, I knew what they were going to say in the future and I was the one who prompted them from within! So why is there an objection to my stealing their words and ideas verbatim?"

"This petty tittle-tattle is just coming from people who have left me, Judases that they are, who are victims of their own jealousy which has blinded them to their own divinity - Me! They don't realize that my plans for world domination continue unhindered by these tiny obstacles. I am the Avatar and I rule!" he added with a jeering sneer and a sinister arch of his eyebrow.